Monday, June 29, 2009

One of the coolest things ever!!!!!!

In buying supplies for Art-al-Sol, I found a glass fusing kiln that goes into the microwave. I ordered it and tried it out with my campers. It is AMAZING!!!!!! You design a glass piece, place it on kiln paper, and place it in the kiln. The whole kiln goes in the microwave for just a few minutes. The only drawback is that you have to wait for 30 minutes before you can take the glass out of the kiln and see it. I know...patience is a virtue, one that I usually have, but this time, it was very hard to wait. I found this kiln in an art supply catalogue, but I also found it at Hobby Lobby. It's a little pricey at about $119 at H.B., but with a 40% off coupon, it makes it more affordable. I have fired my kiln over 60 times, and it is still working great!

3 comments:

Mr. E said...

It's about time you posted something!!! :) 40% off does make it doible!! Do they have the class and such there too?

Janet said...

No Ted they do not offer classes on this technique, but the instructions are included, and it is really easy to use!

Ashley said...

Is it possible to integrate some form of a loop to turn it into functional jewelry?