Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Interesting artist... TR Mack

While working on a lesson plan for third grade, which encompasses the big idea of change, I settled on the specific idea of changing seasons. I then started to look for contemporary artists that used this theme in their artwork. I finally found an artist on the Etsy site named TR Mack. I have not been able to find a lot of information on the artist himself, but the artwork he creates is amazing, and just what I was looking for. The specific web address for his Etsy shop is http://www.etsy.com/shop/TRMACKSTUDIO







When I showed the images to my students, they were soooooo excited! The plan is to create a "Forest of Seasons", with each student creating 4 trees, each being 4x6. The students will have to create a tree for each season, utilizing both design and color to portray a specific season. The students will create each tree using a different medium, which include collage, mixed media, acrylic and watercolors. When we get this project done, I will post some pics.

2 comments:

Jacquelien said...

I'm very interested in this project! The examples look great indeed, so I understand the Oohs and Aahs from your students.
I will sure come to see your blog next weeks. Good luck with this project!

Anonymous said...

I really like this work, very like Klimt! You have some very interesting projects here, really creative work. Thanks for sharing.