Sunday, July 10, 2011

Cool Website!


At the beginning of the summer, I was working on the elementary visual arts curriculum team. We were re-writing the K-4 visual arts curriculum, and the four of us were doing a ton of online research for artists. While surfing online, one of our members, my friend Ted (http://artwithmre.blogspot.com/) came across a very interesting website called Pinterest http://pinterest.com/). Neither one of us had heard about it, so I decided to look into it some more. What I have come to discover is that I don't know how I surfed the internet for lesson ideas before this website came along. Think of it as an online bulletin board. After asking for an invitation (which took about 3 days or so to receive), you set up your account and download a "pin it" link for the top of your web browser. Then you can set up as many bulletin boards as you would like with different themes. While you are surfing the web, if you come along something that you are interested in, you click the "pin it" link and a new window pops up with every picture that was on the web page. You pick the one you want, add a comment or description, and then voila! The picture is now on your bulletin board. The best part is that if you go to the pinterest site and click on the picture, it takes you back to the web page that you got the picture from! This is great for lesson ideas! I highly suggest that you check this site out!!!!!

1 comment:

Ren said...

I have gotten really into pinterest! It's a really easy way to keep things you've found online...so later you don't have to worry about where it was!
My pinterest link is:
http://pinterest.com/lpfeiffenberger/

-Ren from www.dalimoustache.blogspot.com