Monday, January 28, 2013

I didn't blow the kiln up!!!!!

As some of you know, my friend Ted (artwithmre) and I have been talking about firing clay pieces with marbles or other glass pieces in them. He tried, and posted some of his results, and now it is my turn. I tried using a variety of glass pieces, from marbles, mosaic tiles, the glass "wafers" that are used in plant arrangements, millefiori glass pieces and even a variety of glass beads, including faceted beads, seed beads of a variety of sizes, bugle beads, and some square beads I had.
 I fired to cone 04 since Ted said he had some pieces where the glass popped out. Some pieces were glazed, and some were not. I was very excited to see how they turned out, so I came in over the weekend to open the kiln, and was surprised to find that every piece survived. Here are some of the results...

Before...
 


After...
      








6 comments:

Angie said...

What is the verdict? I'm having a hard time telling the difference between beads and glaze in these photos.

Art From Chaos said...

i just posted a "didn't blow up the kiln" post too! I love how confident we are. ;)
Those are gorgeous. you and Ted should hold a workshop for this so I can learn more....yes?

Jen said...

I have been wanting to do this but have been a bit scared. Mmmmmm I am thinking mother's day gifts. Thanks for sharing.

Mr. E said...

There use to be an art teacher that posted stuff named Janet Malone, maybe you've seen her?!??! If so..tell her the blogging world misses her!

Mr. E said...

JANET...OH JANET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plumbing Services Mississauga said...

GRAND LATIN BAND based in Los Angeles, California. if you are looking for a latin bands for weddings los angeles we provide you best latin band over 25 years experience. latin bands for weddings los angeles plays a variety of styles mainly focusing in GYPSY RUMBA, NEW FLAMENCO, BOLEROS, BRAZILIAN, LATIN JAZZ, CHA CHA, CANDOMBE, JAZZ, TANGO etc.

Bands for hire in los angeles
latin bands for weddings los angeles
Mariachi Band Los Angeles
Bandas en los angeles
Cumbia Bands Los Angeles
Latin Music Bands For Weddings
Bands For Weddings In California
wedding live band In Los Angeles
popular latin bands Los Angeles
Latin Bands for hire los angeles
Grupo Versatil California
Grupo Versatil In California
Grupos Versatiles En California


Meet us

GRAND LATIN BAND

Call us: +1 562-896-6958
Mail us: info@divinegrupomusical.com

http://grandlatinband.com/