- Pretend that you have been shipwrecked on a deserted island. Draw a picture of what the island looks like, what animals and plants are on the island, and how you are going to survive until help arrives.
- Imagine that you are an explorer, tracking a never before seen animal through the jungle. What does the animal look like? Add lots of details, such as where the animal lives (in the trees, on the ground, cave, etc.)
- Design a new shoe for a famous shoe company. Feel free to include some high-tech gadgets.
- Be like Phineas and Ferb, and invent a really cool contraption. What will it do? How will it do it? Why do we need it?
- You are a world famous astronaut, and your space shuttle has crash landed on a planet that no one has ever seen before. Draw a picture of what the planet looks like, as well as any inhabitants (aliens) that may come to greet you. What do they look like, as well as what do they eat and where do they live?
- Create a flag that represents Lakeview Design Center. Remember that the school mascot is the lion.
- Create a drawing of your favorite meal. It can be anything that you want, just make sure to add lots of details.
- Become a video game designer and brainstorm a new idea for a video game. Draw out the characters, settings, etc. Add lots of details!
- Your family has won the lottery, and you get to design your new house. What will it look like? How many rooms will it have? Draw it out for everyone to see!
Please feel free to use any of this information in your sub plans if you would like. Please know that you should always have a sub folder ready in case you are out unexpectedly. It is a pet peeve of teachers around the world to have to find plans for a sub in the room next door because the teacher didn't leave any.