Saturday, December 24, 2011

A look at what I have been doing for the last 2 months...

I have been spending the last two months working on my sister's Christmas present. She is one of those people who can be hard to buy for because if she wants something, she just goes and buys it. One day I was online looking at pictures of nothing important when a came across a picture of a video game character made from Perler beads. These are the beads that you put on the pegboards and iron them to fuse them together. My sister loves video games, and I thought, how cool would it be to make a video game Christmas tree for her. So I started researching, and was amazed by how popular the Perler beads were in the gaming and geek community! I found hundreds of pictures of video game related items, some of which were just a few inches tall to some that are six feet tall! I picked out some great pictures, and started creating. Two months and 100 items later, I am done. I gave my sister her tree and wall decorations early, since it wouldn't fit under the tree at my parents' house. I set up the tree in her library/video game room while she was at work, and waited until she came home. She was so excited, she squeed like a little girl! The picture of her and the tree is the only picture I have of her that is clear, she was bouncing around a lot!


4 comments:

teebo said...

wow that's awesome and definitely made with love

Anonymous said...

Hi!
My name is Heather and I work for Worth Ave. Group. We’re currently holding a contest for K-12 teachers to win grants for their schools, and iPads or iPods for their classrooms. If you’re interested in participating, feel free to email me or visit the link I’ve posted below.
Have a great day!
http://www.worthavegroup.com/giveaway/
voteforteachers@worthavegroup.com

P.S. Love all the Zelda decorations. ;)

Lori Decoite said...

I am passing on this Liebster Blog Award to you to show appreciation for your blog. Thanks!
http://artclassworks.blogspot.com/2012/01/liebster-blog-award.html

Sleep Goblin said...

Oh man, this is the coolest thing ever! LOVE IT!